Working on behalf of Historic Environment Scotland, the Confucius Institute for Scotland is recruiting up to four part time enthusiastic Chinese speaking individuals to work along side the retail team in Edinburgh Castle.
Edinburgh Castle is Scotland’s most popular paid visitor attraction, welcoming around 1.6 million visitors annually. This exciting project will investigate the impact of native speakers on the shop floor, and whether this has any impact on retail spend, and the associated key performance indicators.
Project Assistants will be required to
- Learn, maintain and improve product knowledge, including manufacturing processes of textiles, alcohol and food lines, as well as licensing regulations associated with the sale of alcohol.
- Maximise trading income through actively selling and up-selling appropriate merchandise, highlighting products across all 3 retail units.
- Process sales, while ensuring that all financial procedures are adhered to and carried out accurately and efficiently.
- Work with Front of House team to introduce guests to the stores and to the personal shopper service.
- Greet guests and ensure high standards of customer service.
- Promote and process VAT refund forms.
- Comply with Historic Environment Scotland Health and Safety policy.
Key responsibilities, duties and objectives
To deliver the highest standard of customer care to all visitors at all times; enthusiastically provide information and assistance to visitors throughout their visit, whilst also ensuring visitor safety at Edinburgh Castle; and ensure high standards of presentation and professionalism are maintained at all times.
What we are looking for?
- Fluency in Chinese;
- High standards of customer service;
- Previous sales experience;
- Passion for Scotland and it’s heritage;
- Energetic and proactive;
- Sales driven and motivated to hit and exceed sales targets;
- Able to up-sell and cross-sell to maximise every opportunity.
Number of positions available: up to 4
Contract type: Part-time, Temporary (initial length of the contract is 4 months)
Salary: £8.31 per hour (plus holiday allowances)
Expected start date: 1 August 2016
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your CV to Jie Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, 14 July 2016. Short-listed candidate will be interviewed w/b 18 July 2016.