Discover what China has to offer through a paid English language teaching placement. A number of new posts for graduates to work as language assistants in schools across China are on offer for 2017 from British Council.
Working as a language assistant gives you the chance to discover another culture and develop invaluable, transferable skills for the workplace. Plus you get paid!
Salary and Benefits
As a British Council language assistant in China, you can expect to be paid a comfortable salary every month. Your accommodation will be arranged for you, flights are paid and there are no programme fees to pay. British Council offers:
- A pre-departure briefing day
- A free 60 hour online TEFL course
- Accommodation throughout your contract
- A salary of 4000-13000 RMB per month depending on location
What you’ll get
During your placement in China you will be expected to teach for up to 20 hours per week. In return you will be given:
- year round support from the British Council with over 35 years experience working in China.
- on-going support from our partners overseas
- a two-week induction course when you arrive, including language and culture lessons to help you settle in and meet other language assistants.
- a free online TEFL course with practical tips to help you succeed in the classroom
You do not need to speak any Chinese but you will be need to be a native speaker of English and have graduated from university by the time you start your placement.
Further Information and Application
The deadline for applications is 28 Feb 2017. For further information and to apply please visit British Council’s website page on this opportunity