This course is designed for those who have either completed the previous Summer School Chinese language Beginners 1 or have acquired a similar level of proficiency. Students will learn more measure words and attributive adjectives, both of which can enable students to compose longer sentences. With the learning of expressions regarding calendar and clock times, students will be able to state more details regarding everyday life in conversations. There will be ongoing work to encourage student to recognise and write Chinese characters. By the end of 25 hours of intensive learning over one week students should be able to:
- Handle simple conversations in settings such as shopping, dining at restaurants, making appointments over the phone;
- Talk about one’s abilities, hobbies and wishes;
- State information regarding times and locations.
- Start date: Monday, 9th July
- Duration: 5 Days
- Day(s) and Times(s): Mon 9 – Fri 13 July 2018, 10am-4pm
- Price: £187.50 (including material)
- Asking for permission and expressing requests;
- Shopping and ordering food;
- Talk about one’s hobbies;
- Phone conversations
The course is tutorial-based with a combination of joint class activities and group work. Supplementary material is prepared by the teacher.
Wu Zhongwei. Contemporary Chinese for Beginners. Beijing: Sinolingua, 2010. This book will be provided to registered students at the start of the course. Please contact email@example.com if you already have a copy of this book.
To book and pay online please use the University ePay system. Alternatively download this Summer 2018 Chinese Language Course Form then complete and return it to the Confucius Institute for Scotland with a cheque for the correct amount made out to the University of Edinburgh.
Book both weeks of Summer school Day Time class Beginners 1 and 2 for a discount price of £325 including learning materials.