- Asian Studies, part of the School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures in the University of Edinburgh, seeks to appoint two Language Assistants in Chinese.
Check details for full time open-ended post HERE
Check details for full-time, fixed-term, 12 month post HERE
- The Donghua Edinburgh Centre for Creative Industries (DECCI) – which is hosted by Edinburgh’s Confucius Institute and Donghua University’s Shanghai International College of Fashion and Innovation (SCF) – has won the China-Britain Business Council’s Innovators in Education award.
The prize recognises a partnership which began as a joint programme of teaching and research at the Shanghai ... Read more
The Confucius Institute for Scotland campus is temporarily closed from Friday 20 March to students and public due to the outbreak of COVID-19 and all classes taking place in our buildings have been cancelled. We have also made the decision to postpone or cancel all non-teaching events, such as talks by visiting speakers, for the ... Read more
- Students are invited to enrol for 5 study clinics. These are not formal classes. Each group will be led by a senior teacher. As well as revision of previous learning via conversational practice, the clinics will allow for discussion on any areas of difficulty identified by the group members. Students are advised to bring their ... Read more
- Celebrate Dragon Boat Festival with an evening of traditional Chinese music – enjoy the free online concert from home!
Ricefield Arts’ Scotland-based performers will be showcasing traditional Chinese instruments, including guzheng, guqin, pipa, bamboo flute, erhu, as well as opera singing. You’ll hear songs from both China and Scotland, as well as learning more about the ... Read more
- The Music Confucius Institute (MCI) at the Royal Academy of Music in Denmark invites you to an online concert with traditional Chinese instruments.
The MCI musicians will display the colours of the Chinese sound universe by performing both Western and Chinese music on traditional Chinese instruments. The music will be both contemporary pieces and traditional music, ... Read more
- The five week course runs from Wednesday morning 4 March to 1 April 2020 will be led by Chi Zhang, the Institute’s experienced calligraphy teacher. This course will start by introducing common techniques related to the Chinese soft brushes and ink. Students will also learn the basic strokes of Regular Style. Regular Style (Kai Shu) ... Read more
- Discover the fascinating art of Chinese brush painting and try your hand at this expressive art form. This course is suitable for beginners or people who have painting experience but have never tried Chinese brush painting techniques before. No prior knowledge is necessary, you should simply be keen to learn and willing to hold a ... Read more
- For the fifth year our Institute is supporting Hippfest – Scotland’s only festival dedicated to silent cinema with world-class music, red carpet glamour, and rarely-seen silent era films. Taking place in the retro surroundings of the Hippodrome, Bo’ness.
Saturday 21 March 2020: 16:00
A STRING OF PEARLS
A social climbing, middle-class housewife cajoles her husband into borrowing an ... Read more
- Registration is now open for the March HSK and HSKK Exam Diet. The registration deadline for the offline HSK exams and HSKK exams is on Wednesday 19 February.
For more information on the HSK and HSKK and to register please visit our main HSK page here.