- Wu Wenguang and the Folk Memory Project
Friday 31 May 2019, 2pm-7pm
Venue: 50 George Square, G.04 Screening Room
This event is free, but booking is essential. To book, please click HERE.
Knocking on Memory’s Door with the Video Camera. A handful of people took video cameras and went back to their respective villages. They went in search of ... Read more
- This summer we are offering both Day and Evening classes from 1 July to 1 August 2019. Our diverse programme of evening and day time classes aims to give a wide array of opportunities to start to learn Chinese! In addition to our usual language programme, we will offer two weeks of intensive HSK revision ... Read more
- After the sold-out success of 2017 and 2018, Donghua Edinburgh Centre for Creative Industries is set to return to the Edinburgh Fringe for the third time. Join us in the stunning Playfair Library on either Friday 23rd or Saturday 24th August for this combined exhibition and fashion show. Discover elegant, enduring and electrifying Qipao fashion, ... Read more
- Birds and flowers were often used as decorative elements in Chinese pottery, screens and utensils. From the Tang dynasty, during the 8th and 9th centuries, and until today, birds and flowers painting is a special school within Chinese brush painting that has remained widely popular for centuries.
This course will start by introducing the history of ... Read more
- The Confucius Institute for Scotland is currently seeking a new General Manager. Vacancy details can be found here. Closing Date:21 MAY 2019 at 5pm.
- Chinese calligraphy is one of the earliest and most important visual art forms in China. As a practice, Chinese calligraphy is a calm, relaxing and meditative process, which benefits our well-being and leads to longevity. By controlling the special soft brush with a sharp point, Chinese brush painting is not only a mental exercise, but ... Read more
- Discover the fascinating art of Chinese Brush Painting and try your hand at this expressive art form. This workshop is suitable for beginners or people with painting experience who have never tried Chinese brush painting techniques before. No prior knowledge is necessary, you should simply be keen to learn and willing to hold a brush. ... Read more
- Registration is now open for the May HSK and HSKK Exam Diet. The registration deadline for the offline HSK exams and HSKK exams is Thursday 11 April. The HSK online exam has a later deadline of Thursday 25 April 2019.
For more information on the HSK and HSKK and to register please visit our main HSK page here.
- We offer a diverse programme of evening classes for the general public to enjoy learning Chinese. Our Spring 2019 courses will start week beginning 22 April, and booking for these classes is now open.
All classes take place on the Confucius Institute for Scotland Campus sitting in the shadow of Arthur’s Seat. You can download a map showing ... Read more
- Course Summary
HSK 2 Revision and Practice is to support those learners who are preparing for the HSK 2 test. Learners will have a total of 15 direct contact hours over the period of two weeks. This course is composed of three parts – mock tests, revision and practice. In this course, learners will have the ... Read more