Join us at one or more of our five spring lectures to hear from leading business figures each with decades of China experience whose insightful talks will provide insights into the dynamics of engaging with China.
Full details and booking can be found at www.confuciusinstitute.ac.uk/csw
- 26 April – Adam Dupre of China Company Research Services will address the general themes of the whol seires – the economic, commercial and political background dynamics that underlie present and future relations with China.
- 10 May – Stephen Perry, London Export Corporation and Chair of 48 Group Club. 2012 is the 60th anniversary year of trade with China. Stephen`s father was the leader of the Icebreaker group to China in 1953 which restarted UK-China trade relations.
- 6 June – Jim O`Neill, Chairman of Goldman Sachs and the man who coined the acronym BRICs will focus his talk on `Education meets Business`
- 14 June – Dr Ji Bin, Vice President of the All China Federation of Taiwan Perspectives will give us a perspective from the east on China`s economic growth and transformation.
- 21 June – Peter Budd, Chairman of Arup Scotland and leader of Arup`s airport business globally. Terminal 3 at Beijing Capital Int`l Airport gateway to China for many Scots, is just one of the projects developed by Arup. Peter will be the final speaker in the spring series.
The autumm series is currently being planned. Confirmed speakers included David McNish, CEO of Standard Life and Jim McColl of Clyde Blowers.
Book now to secure your seat www.confuciusinstiute.ac.uk/csw